We welcome you and your family to join us any Sunday for worship at 9:00 am to experience and learn more about Trinity Church.
Trinity believes that children are a joyful and integral part of our faith community. The natural sounds and energy of children are expected and appreciated. There are a variety of materials to help guide children in worship. Coloring and sensory materials, children’s bulletins, and books are available at the entry to the Church. Please take what you need and bring it back to your pew.
We also recognize that children need an age-appropriate space of their own to experience God’s love. Our program for children from about age 4 to about age 11 draws from the best of two well-known Montessori-based Christian Formation programs: Godly Play and Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. These are experiential approaches balancing Bible, prayer, and wondering, with the goal of helping children “fall in love with Jesus the Good Shepherd”. Children also learn to recognize the actions and gestures seen in worship, so that they can joyfully participate.
All people, including children of every age, are invited to partake in Holy Communion.
Children gather on Sunday mornings during the academic year, first receiving communion with their families in church and then entering their classroom from 9:50 - 10:45 am.
Preteens and young teens from about age 11 to about age 13 follow the Episcopal Church’s Rite-13 program which is tailored to meet their developmental needs. This Group meets following the 9:00 am worship service.
Confirmation preparation begins around grade 9.
Beginning this fall, a staffed a nursery care room will be open during worship for children 4 and under from 8:45 am- 10:15 am.
We would love to hear from you! Please complete this form to Register your child(ren) for any and all programs and activities.
For more information about our Nursery and Children’s programs, please contact, The Rev. Joyce Scherer-Hoock, Children & Family Minister. For information about Rite-13 or Confirmation, please contact The Rev. Jen Vath, Rector.
Offerings for Children and Teens include:
- Seasonal Children’s Choir: All Saints Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 9:00 am and at other times throughout the year.
- Lighting the Advent Wreath: December 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2023
- The Christmas Pageant, December 24, 2023
- Advent & Lent Art Mornings
- Easter Egg Hunt, Easter Day, March 31, 2024
- Communion Enrichment- grades ~ 2-5
- Acolyting about age 10 and up.
- Confirmation preparation classes for youth in grades 9 and up
- Service Trips and Service projects for children and youth
- Vacation Bible School: August 5-7, 2024
- Hot Dog Days of August Community Picnic: August 21, 2024